| Location:||Bolton, Lancashire, UK|
| Phone:||07743 413 179|
A hardworking and adaptable individual who strives to accomplish high
standards in all work undertaken; maintaining a professional manner in
the workplace, even when working under pressure in a methodical and
responsible way whilst using own initiative to meet deadlines. I am
always seeking new learning opportunities and developing new skills,
building on existing experience.
Hold full UK driving license (Cat B). Provisional Cat C (Class 2 LGV) license.
- Functional Skills English & Mathematics at Level 2
- IMI Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- EAL Level 2 in Fabrication & Welding
- Range of practical experience with a variety of tools
- Computer literate; proficient with Microsoft Office and other software tools
- Ability to diagnose, and solve, problems quickly and efficiently
- Able to follow instructions, as well as plans and diagrams
Various Roles February 2015 – Current
Marshall’s Spares & Services Ltd, Horwich
Completed my level 2 in Fabrication & Welding as a fabricator at
Marshall’s due to redundancy from Anchor Engineering. Further
duties acquired and roles adopted as required due to the diverse
nature of the work.
Welder & Fabricator
Performed fabrication & welding of mild steel/Hardox
and aluminium assemblies, both stand-alone and as part of
- Completed repairs to vehicles, trailers, and other
- Comfortable with MIG – including positional welds –
and SMAW processes.
Executed installations and modifications of hydraulic
’wet-kit’ systems on LGVs; including fitting of PTOs and
associated quill-shafts to gearboxes, PTO-driven pumps, and
self-contained electric ’power-pack’ motor/pump units); as
well as pneumatic and electric controls for same.
- Mounted bodies onto tipper-equipped trucks; including
alignment of body with chassis, fabrication and fitting of
body-mounts, and installation of body-guides.
- Auto Electrician
Fitted a range of additional equipment; including
onboard weighing systems, dash-cams and blind-spot cameras,
additional beacons, side-marker lights for type-approval,
proximity/collision warning systems, and pedestrian warning
devices; ensuring that all installations were safe and
well-integrated into the existing vehicle wiring.
- Diagnosed and repaired electrical or sensor faults;
including load-cell installations with faulty cells.
- Service Technician
Completed a variety of site-work, ranging from changing
air-fittings to diagnosing faulty sensors in interlocked
- Apprentice Welder/Fabricator Sep 2013 – February 2015
Anchor Engineering (Bolton) Ltd, Horwich
Serving time as an apprentice welder/fabricator at A.E.L./Wright
Attachments (formerly S&J Wright), completing an EAL Level 2 in
Fabrication & Welding via Alliance Learning:
Ensured the working environment was kept clean and tidy,
and that all equipment was in good working order.
- Handled unloading of incoming stock and associated
paperwork, ensuring stock was stored in appropriate locations
according to use requirements.
- Prepared parts, to drawings, for assembly and welding by
coded welders; ensuring parts were to specified tolerances.
- Temporarily handled painting duties when required,
including preparation and masking work, as well as operation
of paint-spraying equipment to apply corrosion-resistant
primers and paints.
Performed application of equipment
markings (Stamped rating plates, stencilled SWL markings,
etc.) when required.
- Produced MAG-welded steel assemblies both to drawings and
as reproductions of provided samples.
- Assisted on-site and in-house installation, modification,
and assembly work, both indoors and outdoors.
- Drove a counter-balance fork-lift truck as part of daily
operations, loading/unloading material and other items as
required, as well as supporting other workshop operations.
- Trainee Motor Mechanic Dec 2012 – May 2013
Greater Manchester Skills Centre, Old Trafford
Completed a placement in the training centre’s automotive
department, whilst completing IMI Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle
Maintenance and Repair:
Performed workshop/garage tasks in a safe and
environmentally responsible manner, ensuring all health and
safety standards were met
- Performed full, and partial services, and pre-MOT checks
- Diagnosed and repaired mechanical faults accurately and
- Completed spot puncture repairs, tyre removal and
reinstallation, balanced wheels and performed alignments to a
- Computer Refurbishment Technician Feb 2012 – Mar 2012
Edge Technology Solutions, Westhoughton
Completed a work placement for an IT company, refurbishing surplus
computers from schools and businesses:
Picked parts from warehouse for customer orders, or to
build up PCs
- Ensured stock records were correct and up to date
- Securely and protectively packed machines and parts for
dispatch to customers
- Diagnosed system errors and faults, ensuring computers were
all in working order
- Completed refurbishment of desktop computers, including
re-building to customer specification
- Trained and supported other members on work-experience
placement in maintaining and servicing of computer hardware
Alliance Learning, Horwich Loco Works September 2013 – Current
Achieved EAL Level 2 in Fabrication & Welding.
- Greater Manchester Skills Centre, Trafford Park December 2012 – May 2013
Achieved IMI Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ).
- Rivington & Blackrod Sixth Form September 2007 – July 2009
Achieved A/S Levels in ICT, and Chemistry.
- Rivington & Blackrod High School September 2002 – July 2007
Completed Secondary School education, and achieved GCSEs in
English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science,
German, History, ICT, and Engineering.
Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy spending time updating my skills, gaining new experiences, and
spending time with others to learn new skills and develop new ideas –
or interesting applications of old ideas – particularly in engine
design and modification, both in model and full-scale.
Furthermore, I also enjoy occasionally computer programming to solve
problems, overcome challenges, and produce new tools, as well as other