| Location:||Bolton, Lancashire, UK|
| Phone:||07743 413 179|
A hardworking and adaptable individual who strives to accomplish high
standards in all work undertaken; maintaining a professional manner in
the workplace, even when working under pressure in a methodical and
responsible way whilst using own initiative to meet deadlines. I am
always seeking new learning opportunities and developing new skills,
building on existing experience.
Hold full UK driving license (Cat B), & Cat C (Class 2 HGV) license.
- Functional Skills English & Mathematics at Level 2
- IMI Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- EAL Level 2 in Fabrication & Welding
- Range of practical experience with a variety of tools
- Ability to diagnose, and solve, problems quickly and efficiently
- Able to follow instructions, plans and diagrams; as well as work on my own initiative.
RoyalBlueVarious Roles February 2015 – Current
Marshall’s Spares & Services Ltd, Horwich
Completed my level 2 in Fabrication & Welding as a fabricator at
Marshall’s. Further duties acquired and roles adopted as required
due to the diverse nature of the work.
RoyalBlueWelder & Fabricator
Fabricated & welded mild-steel, Hardox, and aluminium
assemblies; both as stand-alone parts, and as part of
vehicle equipment installations.
- Performed welding as part of repair-work to vehicles,
bodies, trailers, and other equipment.
- Comfortable with positional MIG, including
overhead. Some familiarity with stick process.
Performed installations of, modifications and repairs
to, hydraulic ’wet-kit’ systems on commercial vehicles;
including fitting of PTOs, PTO-driven pumps, and
self-contained electric ’power-pack’ motor/pump units’
- Mounted bodies and other equipment onto commercial
vehicles, including the fabrication or modification of
- RoyalBlueAuto Electrician
Variety of fitting and repair work on both 24 and 12 volt
Fitting additional lighting and accessories, such as
beacons and strobes, work-lights, side-markers for
- Installation of rear-view and blind-spot cameras,
onboard recording systems, proximity and obstacle detectors,
pedestrian warning alarms
- Fitting and calibration of on-board vehicle and trailer
- Design and implementation of fail-safe inclinometer
systems, including tip-interlocks, for stability warning and
Performed a range of the above work out at
customer sites, including: diagnosing and correcting faulty
interlocks; changing damaged air or hydraulic fittings and
hoses; calibration of on-board weighing systems;
- RoyalBlueApprentice Welder/Fabricator Sep 2013 – February 2015
Anchor Engineering (Bolton) Ltd, Horwich
Serving time as an apprentice welder/fabricator at A.E.L./Wright
Attachments (formerly S&J Wright), completing an EAL Level 2 in
Fabrication & Welding via Alliance Learning:
Ensured the working environment was kept clean and tidy,
and that all equipment was in good working order.
- Handled unloading of incoming stock and associated
paperwork, ensuring stock was stored in appropriate locations
according to use requirements.
- Prepared parts, to drawings, for assembly and welding by
coded welders; ensuring parts were to specified tolerances.
- Temporarily handled painting duties when required,
including preparation and masking work, as well as operation
of paint-spraying equipment to apply corrosion-resistant
primers and paints.
Performed application of equipment
markings (Stamped rating plates, stencilled SWL markings,
etc.) when required.
- Produced MAG-welded steel assemblies both to drawings and
as reproductions of provided samples.
- Assisted on-site and in-house installation, modification,
and assembly work, both indoors and outdoors.
- Drove a counter-balance fork-lift truck as part of daily
operations, loading/unloading material and other items as
required, as well as supporting other workshop operations.
- RoyalBlueTrainee Motor Mechanic Dec 2012 – May 2013
Greater Manchester Skills Centre, Old Trafford
Completed a placement in the training centre’s automotive
department, whilst completing IMI Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle
Maintenance and Repair:
Performed workshop/garage tasks in a safe and
environmentally responsible manner, ensuring all health and
safety standards were met
- Performed full, and partial services, and pre-MOT checks
- Diagnosed and repaired mechanical faults accurately and
- Completed spot puncture repairs, tyre removal and
reinstallation, balanced wheels and performed alignments to a
Alliance Learning, Horwich Loco Works September 2013 – February 2015
Achieved EAL Level 2 in Fabrication & Welding.
- Greater Manchester Skills Centre, Trafford Park December 2012 – May 2013
Achieved IMI Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ).
- Rivington & Blackrod Sixth Form September 2007 – July 2009
Achieved A/S Levels in ICT, and Chemistry.
- Rivington & Blackrod High School September 2002 – July 2007
Completed Secondary School education, and achieved GCSEs in
English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science,
German, History, ICT, and Engineering.