Simple-ish to make, wanted to share with somefolks!
Honey & Cinnamon Roast Parsnips
- Several parsnips, topped & tailed. Cut into approx 1" lengths. (Split larger parsnip chunks in half lengthways.)
- Sunflower Oil
- Ground Cinnamon
- Put parsnip chunks into salted water. Bring to a boil, and cook for five minutes.
- Drain parsnips in colander. Allow to steam dry while prepping roastin' tin.
- Pre-heat oven. (180C-ish, for a fan oven)
- Oil roastin' tin. (Wipe down thoroughly with oil. Then add some more just because why not.)
- Add a dollop of butter.
- Add parsnips to roasting tin & shake to get good oil coverage.
- Add cinnamon over parsnips (Dust, fairly evenly.)
- Drizzle honey over parsnips. Consider another dollop of butter. Shake to evenly coat parsnips, again.
- Put roasting tin in oven. Cook for 40 mins. (Or until browning at the edges. THE PARSNIPS, NOT THE ROASTING TIN!)
- Shake/turn parsnips about halfway through.
- Serve. (Optional, but recommended: Wish you'd made more of them to begin with.)
(Has the word 'parsnip' stopped sounding like a word yet?)
(Parsnip, parsnip, parsnip, parsnip, mushroom, mushroom, add some butter.)